Process Engineer–Plastic Injection Molding / Automotive
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking an experienced PLASTICS PROCESS ENGINEER. This position requires working in a fast-paced, high volume injection molding environment on the production floor. Responsibilities will include troubleshooting injection molding issues, identifying opportunities for improvement, monitoring and adjusting processes and automation equipment, mold sampling, visual inspections, starting up and troubleshooting automated and assembly equipment, and training others on machines.
- Supervise the molding team which includes: Molding Leader, Die Setter, and a Process Technician.
- Troubleshoot processing issues and identify root causes
- Evaluate tool designs to ensure process capabilities.
- Establishing process parameters for new products.
- Recognize the various types of cosmetic and dimensional defects and modifies the molding process within allowable limits to eliminate these defects.
- Understand the established cosmetic and dimensional requirements for the part being produced.
- Participating in continuous improvement and scrap reduction efforts.
- Support ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 certification audits.
- 2 years of post-high school education (Associates degree) and/or Master Molder Certification
- Experience as a Process Engineer and Process Technician in a plastic injection molding environment
- Experience setting molds, performing cold starts of injection molding machines and automation equipment
- Excellent communication skills and attendance record
- Willingness to work on any shift as needed
- Strongly prefer experience with – Automotive parts, hot runner molds, valve gate controllers, automation, Engel, VanDorn, ABB and Fanuc equipment
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and 401(k)