Maintenance Repairman – Plastic Injection Molding / Automotive
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking an experienced Plastic Injection-Molding Machine Repair Technician. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of experience working with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical repairs for Injection Molding Machines as well as other machines.
- Proper daily functioning of their assigned areas of plant and equipment.
- Efficiently diagnose, repair, and document equipment problems.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance assignments on both primary and auxiliary Equipment.
- Minimum of 4 years of maintenance experience in an injection molding environment.
- Candidate must be able to work autonomously, have problem solving skills and good communication skills
- Experience with Engel, Van Dorn, Arburg 60-300 ton.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair presses and associated equipment such as dryers and thermotators
- Be familiar with different resin, mold set ups, and tooling issues.
- Must be able to work in the preventative maintenance (p.m.) system and have knowledge of equipment programming.
Process Engineer – Plastic Injection Molding / Automotive
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking an experienced Plastics Process Engineer. This position requires working in a fast-paced, high volume injection molding environment on the production floor. Responsibilities will include troubleshooting injection molding issues, identifying opportunities for improvement, monitoring and adjusting processes and automation equipment, mold sampling, visual inspections, starting up and troubleshooting automated and assembly equipment, and training others on machines.
- Troubleshoot processing issues and identify root causes
- Evaluate tool designs to ensure process capabilities.
- Recognize the various types of cosmetic and dimensional defects and modifies the molding process within allowable limits to eliminate these defects.
- Understand the established cosmetic and dimensional requirements for the part being produced.
- Experience as a Process Engineer or Process Technician in a plastic injection molding environment
- Experience setting molds, performing cold starts of injection molding machines and automation equipment
- Excellent communication skills and attendance record
- Willingness to work on any shift as needed
- Strongly prefer experience with – Automotive parts, hot runner molds, valve gate controllers, automation, Engel, VanDorn, ABB and Fanuc equipment