Project Engineer – Electro-Mechanical
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking a Sr. Project Engineer to lead design and development of new products from concept into production.
- Develop new design concepts, proposals and support quote process for new business. Support the creation of models and drawings using Autodesk Inventor.
- Provide direction to other engineers and CAD designers to ensure completion of tasks in a timely manner with the right attention to quality.
- Mentor and coach engineers, interns and other company personnel to aid in their learning process.
- Use CAE packages such as ANSYS FEA, ANSOFT for electro-magnetic simulation, mold-flow analysis, and coil/solenoid design program to design components and assemblies.
- Complete APQP activities such as prototype control plan, DFMEA, BOM, GD&T, DOE’s, Prototype builds, Testing, Tolerance stacks, Phase reviews, Customer Documentation, etc.
- Support current production programs
- Lead problem solving activities to resolve design and quality issues.
- Create and document test setups, fixtures and procedures. Conduct Engineering Lab testing involving noise actuation testing, thermal shock, thermal cycling, actuation force testing.
- Coordinate outsourced testing if needed involving tests such as dust testing, salt fog testing, and vibration testing. Review test samples post testing. Create reports and documentation.
- Attend and lead customer and supplier meetings, create presentations and documentation as needed.
- Manage Engineering Changes as needed.
- Build prototypes for customer deliverables including soldering, press fits and other assembly processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with design and development of automotive components, electro-mechanical component experience preferred.
- Proven leader with experience managing the development of projects from quotation into production.
- Proficient in using MS Office suite programs.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- High level accuracy in work and attention to detail.
- Strong Customer service and proven verbal and written skills.
- Self-driven individual eager to take on leadership.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, other engineers and management to ensure success.
Manufacturing Engineer – Electro-Mechanical Device Manufacturing / Automotive
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will contribute to new manufacturing technology projects, participate with continuous improvement teams and be a launch team member for the launch of new projects.
- Conduct process development related to new product launch.
- Work with machine tooling vendors / assembly equipment integrators regarding equipment qualification and capability studies
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities for existing manufacturing processes.
- Actively participate and in APQP cross functional launch team meetings.
- Provide support to functional areas including Engineering, Program Management, Sales/ Commercial, Quality, etc. where manufacturing technology expertise is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Minimum 4 years manufacturing engineering experience or a 2 year technical degree and significant relevant work experience.
- Experience in tool and manufacturing process development related to automated assembly and test and functional expertise in processes such as high speed assembly involving operations such as crimping, staking, welding of electrical connections.
- Experience with product functional testing including electrical testing, force testing, and machine vision implementation.
- Application of APQP principles related to new production launch.
- Application knowledge and experience related to continuous improvement methodology for processes such as plastic injection molding, high volume assembly, and functional testing.
- Ability to travel in support of job functions (plants, customers, suppliers etc.)