Quality Engineer – Automotive
The Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring the quality of the parts produced that meet all customer expectations and quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found. The Quality Engineer will maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the quality management system standards.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques. Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues. Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources. Effectively communicate and reinforce Pontiac Coil’s commitment to quality improvement efforts.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results, recommend changes to processes based upon findings, and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the advance Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and startup.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Maintain Control Plans throughout the life of the pat.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques. Determine and apply appropriate Measurement System Analysis tools.
- Mentor new engineers, interns and other company personnel and assist with their day to day activities.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, or Mechanical.
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude
- Five to seven years managing a certified quality management system TS16949/ISO.
- Excellent computer skills especially Microsoft Office and statistical analysis software.
- Positive experience with automotive industry, auditing, quality assurance, GD&T, excellent verbal and written communications, listening, diplomacy, initiative, presentation, and mentoring.
- Excellent medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, and 401(k)