Maintenance Technician – Plastic Injection Molding / Automotive
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking an experienced Engel Plastic Injection Molding Maintenance Technician. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 years’ overall experience working with electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical issues pertaining to Engel plastic injection molding machines (Rotary table 80/230 Ton).
- Efficiently troubleshoot, repair, and document equipment issues as needed.
- Effectively communicate to Management, equipment issues as relating to cost and timing.
- Communicate to co-workers effectively.
- Work with “Team Concept” values and be “A Team Player”.
- Ability to show up to work on time and ready to work.
- Must be able to perform Preventive Maintenance activities and log in appropriately.
- Must follow safety guidelines and possess OSHA awareness.
- Must be familiar with associated molding equipment such as dryers and thermolators.
- Ability to follow and troubleshoot wiring schematics- Main power up to 480V and electronics.
- Ability to read and understand ladder logic.
- Must have basic knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Can read and use amp and volt meter and dial indicator etc.
- Must be available for overtime and flexible as needed.
- Have own basic tools.
Manufacturing Engineer – Electro-Mechanical Device Manufacturing/Automotive
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will contribute to new manufacturing technology projects, participate with continuous improvement teams and be a launch team member for new programs that are enabling the growth of the enterprise.
- Conduct new process development as needed in support of new product development and new program opportunities.
- Work with assembly equipment integrators, mold press manufacturers and machine tooling vendors to develop, qualify and install new manufacturing equipment.
- Collaborate with Product Development Engineers to develop cost effective and robust new product concepts and designs utilizing DFM, DFT and DFx concepts.
- Lead continuous improvement activities supporting existing manufacturing programs and processes by improving product Quality, increasing OEE and reducing scrap and overall manufacturing costs.
- Champion manufacturing process issue resolution utilizing disciplined problem solving methodologies. Document the problem solving process and results via 8D and formal presentations as required.
- Support the Maintenance Technicians by providing technical guidance, spearheading spare parts inventories for equipment, identifying and addressing training gaps and setting priorities.
- Actively participate and in APQP cross functional launch team meetings for both existing production programs and newly awarded product programs.
- Provide support to functional areas including Engineering, Program Management, Sales/ Commercial, Quality, etc. where manufacturing technology expertise is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering, Minimum 4 years manufacturing engineering experience or a 2-year technical degree and significant relevant work experience in applicable manufacturing processes.
- Experience in tool and manufacturing process development related to automated assembly and test and functional expertise in processes such as high speed assembly involving operations such as crimping, staking, welding of electrical connections.
- Experience with product functional testing including electrical testing, force and displacement testing, machine vision implementation.
- Experience in managing, communicating with and negotiating with equipment and tooling suppliers both domestically and globally.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of problem solving methodologies including but not limited to 8D process, Taguchi method, Ishikawa Diagrams, etc.
- Experience in developing predictive maintenance models, manufacturing metrics dashboards and establishing user-friendly process documentation.
- Application of APQP principles related to new production launch including PFDs, DFMEAs and applying that detail to PFMEAs, Control Plans, SPC and MSA.
- Application knowledge and experience in applying lean manufacturing methodologies for processes such as plastic injection molding, high volume assembly, and functional testing.
- Established track record of launching manufacturing systems on time to the program schedule, at or below the capital budget for the project and capable of industry-leading quality and efficiency at Job 1.
- Mature understanding of GD&T and critical design criteria for molded, machined and stamped components.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office suite of tools including Microsoft Project. Expertise in ladder logic, manufacturing simulation and other manufacturing system tool sets considered a “plus”.
- Ability to travel in support of job functions (plants, customers, suppliers etc.). Assumed to be between 15% and 30%.
Tooling Fabricator – Plastics, Machining, & Automation
Pontiac Coil, Inc. Clarkston, Michigan is currently seeking currently seeking a Tooling Fabricator who will design and fabricate tooling, jigs, and fixtures.
- Design and construct tooling and fixtures related to assembly equipment
- Recommend and construct design improvement suggestions for tooling and fixtures improvements
- Perform setups, layout work using jigs, fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished parts
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Minimum 10 years of tooling fabrication experience or equivalent experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, sketches, or product specifications to determine sequence and methods of fabricating
- Comprehensive understanding of blueprints and GD&T
- Must be skilled using various machining centers, such as Bridgeport, lathe, mills, and CNC lathes and machining centers
- Ability to operate hand power tools, grinders, shears, brake press, automatic saws, and contribute to general shop cleanliness
- Background in automotive production and standards.